Sharing my passion for Soaps, Salts, and other Scented Splurges for you and your home.

Bath Bomb Basics

 
Bath bombs are always a treat.  But they can come with a hefty price tag. That's why I want to share with you how to make your own. While I have made my bath bombs whole, most of the time I like to make them in halves.  They get stretched a little bit further and it leaves me the option of adding more bombs if I need it while not wasting any if I don't.  So, here ya go:

My Basic Bath Bomb Recipe

8 oz. Baking Soda
4 oz. Citric acid
4 oz. Corn Starch
4 oz. Epsom Salts
4 Tbs. Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp. Vitamin E. Oil (optional)

Mix all the dry Ingredients except the citric acid.  In a separate container melt your coconut oil if it is in its solid state and combine it with your vitamin e. oil if you choose to use it.  Its a great skin conditioner but not necessary for the bomb to work.  Add your wet ingredients to your dry ingredients and start to combine.  Lastly, add the citric acid.  The reason you wait for the citric acid is so that it has less opportunity to react and begin to 'fizz' when you don't want it to.  When you pick up a handful of the mixture in your hands and squeeze it, if it stays in its form, it is ready to mold.  If it crumbles, you may need to add more oil, no more than 1/2 tsp. at a time.  Pack very tightly into your molds and release gently.  Let them sit for at least 24 hours to harden before you take them out of their molds. 
I hope my directions are clear. Enjoy your bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...